The Tifton Police Department is always accepting applications for all positions, but may not have a position open at the time of application. Your application will be kept on file for six months for consideration if a position becomes available.
Police Officer Duties & Responsibilities
A police officer performs a wide range of tasks to promote public safety and security. This includes crime prevention, general enforcement of the law and related work as required. The duties of a police officer include, but are not limited to: patrolling, crime detection, investigation, and traffic enforcement.
Applicants must meet the following requirement
- Georgia Post Certified Police Officer or capable of being certified.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successfully pass a Physical and Drug Screen.
- Successfully pass a polygraph examination.
- Successfully pass the Reid Aptitude Test.
- Pass an extensive background check.
- No Felony conviction or Criminal Record that shows a disregard for the law. Veterans must have an honorable discharge, and possess good moral character.
- Be free from all apparent mental disorders.
- Must be able to qualify with departmental firearm. (Glock 40 Cal.)
The City of Tifton offers a competitive pay and benefits package, including health insurance, annual leave, sick leave, and ten paid holidays.
“We are an equal opportunity employer.”
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age marital, or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
The City of Tifton also requires all employees to possess a valid Georgia Drivers License.
We must do a criminal background check on all applicants, which may be used to determine eligibility of the position he/she is applying for with the City of Tifton. We also do pre-employment drug screening and physicals prior to employment with the City of Tifton.
Click on the link below to download an employment application. All applications must be notarized before submitting. Please fill out the application and submit it in person or mail it to:
Human Resources Department
527 Commerce Way
Tifton, GA. 31794
Or fax it to (229) 556-7419.