The Tifton Police Officers perform a wide range of tasks to promote public safety and community security for our citizens. This includes but is not limited to assuring protection of people and property, patrolling assigned geographic area of the City, responding to calls for service including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic accidents and other conducting preliminary inquiries, field interviews and follow-up investigations.
To apply all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Georgia Post Certified Police Officer or capable of becoming certified
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver's License
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have Official COMPASS scores (Passing scores are: Reading 70, Writing 32)
- Must be able to work 12 hours shifts, including both day and night shifts when required
- Must NOT have any felony conviction(s) or a Criminal Record that indicates a disregard for the law
Applicants must complete the following:
- Successfully pass the Extensive Background Check
- Successfully pass the Oral Interview Board
- Successfully pass the Polygraph Examination
- Successfully pass the Psychological Evaluation
- Successfully pass the Physical and Drug Screen
- Successfully pass the Department Physical Agility Test
- Successfully qualify with a department approved firearm
City of Tifton Benefits
Below is a list of benefits offered by the City of Tifton. Some restrictions may apply, as this is only a list that does not depict a full and complete description. For complete and detailed information, contact the Human Resources Office at City Hall.
The City of Tifton offers a competitive pay and benefits package including health, life and disability P.O.A.B.F. dues paid by department, annual leave, paid holidays, sick leave,18 days military leave per year, uniform and equipment provided Credit Union and available Take Home Car Program.
Further information is available by calling the City of Tifton Human Resources Office at (229) 391-3941