Commerce Way Redevelopment Project
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
- Sealed Bids: Sealed bids for construction of the project entitled Commerce Way Redevelopment Project will be received until Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 2:00 PM at the City Manager’s Office (City Hall), at 130 1st St E, Tifton, GA 31794, at which time and place they will be publicly opened and read. No bid may be withdrawn after the closing time for the receipt of bids for a period of sixty (60) days.
A pre-bid meeting will be held on Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 2:00 PM at the City Manager’s Office (City Hall) at 130 1st St E, Tifton, GA 31794. Attendance at the pre-bid meeting is not required but is encouraged.
- Work To Be Done: The Work to be completed for the Commerce Way Redevelopment Project is described briefly as follows:
The project consists of (but is not limited to) streetscape improvements (such as concrete pavement, sidewalks, ADA ramps, landscaping steps & walls, and high-visibility crosswalks) as well as storm drainage improvements, water line improvements, asphalt milling & paving, traffic striping & signage, erosion control, traffic control, and other miscellaneous items/work.
3. Plans, Specifications and Contract Documents: Copies of Bidding Documents may be obtained from ESG Engineering - contact Margaret Hildebrand at to procure Bidding Documents and to be added to the Bidder’s List. Digital documents will be provided upon a non-reimbursable payment of $100 and hard copies will be provided upon non-reimbursable payment of $200. Prospective bidders must be on the official plan holders list in order for their bid to be considered responsive.
4. Contractor License: Any Contractor submitting a bid must be licensed by the State of Georgia. See Instructions to Bidders for additional bidding requirements.
5. Bonds: Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier’s check in an amount not less than 5% of the base bid. All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an “A” minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five (5) times the contract price as listed in the most current publication of “Best’s Key Rating Guide Property Liability”. Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder if contract is awarded. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a “Power of Attorney” authorizing the attorney-in-fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
6. Funding: This project will be funded through a combination of local funds and grant award from the DCA’s Rural Downtown Redevelopment Grant Program.
7. All permits required for the construction of this project are expected to be obtained before the bid date.
8. Acquisition of property for easements, right of way, etc. are expected to be obtained before the bid date.
9. Reservation of Rights: Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.