CITY PREPARES FOR TRANSITION TO NEW GARBAGE PROVIDER
The City of Tifton has contracted with Ryland Environmental for all residential and commercial solid waste collections. This change will become effective on January 1, 2021.
Things you need to know:
- In 2014, City Council made the determination that the collection of residential and commercial solid waste shall be performed by a single service provider inside the city. Golden Environmental has been operating as the City’s single service provider for the last six years.
- Based upon a number of factors, City Council has determined to change service providers from Golden Environmental to Ryland Environmental who, in the opinion of City Council, can provide the services of collecting solid waste, recyclables, and yard waste at a lower cost.
- All customers will receive a new garbage container and Golden Environmental will be responsible for the removal of their containers following your last scheduled pickup in December.
- There should not be any interruption of collection services and the weekly pickup schedule for residential garbage will remain the same.
- If your place of business received a letter from Golden Environmental, the contents of the letter are not accurate and misleading so please contact City Hall at 229-382-6231 for any questions.
- Representatives from Ryland Environmental will be contacting commercial accounts to ensure a smooth transition and confirm our records reflect your current business needs.
The City of Tifton will be providing more information and updates for services in the coming weeks.